Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Why do I feel the NEED to post something every day?

I have no idea.  Because I'm watching my counter and I get so excited as it goes up.  I reached 10,000 views a couple days ago and my heart got all pitter pattery and I had to announce it to the world.  Am I that insecure that I need reassurance from numbers that someone cares about what I'm doing?  In short, yes.  It pumps me up!  I don't know why, and I guess I don't care why!  It just does.  So I will continue to post little insignificant refashions, easy crafts, the occasional building project and a recipe now and again.  After all, this is my life.  It's fun.  And I'm not watching TV 16 hours a day anymore.

Today for lunch I made chicken salad.  I didn't use a recipe, I made it up.  And I must say it wasn't bad.

Carolyn's impromptu chicken salad



4 oz. shredded cooked chicken
2 hard boiled eggs, cut up
2 celery stalks, cut up
1/2 green pepper, cut up
1/2 cucumber, cut up
1/4 C. Mayo
salt to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients, enjoy.  Makes 2 main dish servings.


And please check out the blog hop at:



I was featured at:
Beyond The Picket Fence



I'm linking up to:

The ArtsyGirl Connection
Beyond The Picket Fence
Photobucket


































8 comments:

  1. This chicken salad looks great! Following you via GFC. I found you on the Welcome Wednesday blog hop.

    Julie
    www.jamscorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what. I feel the same way you do. This blogging gig is very addicting. The chicken salad looks wonderful. I just throw mine together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of your blog! We did our first roasted chicken on the grill today, way too hot for the oven. So this chicken salad recipe is perfect timing. I thought I'd do salad or just tear up the rest and put it in sandwiches. I just found you through Embracing Change and I think you just found a home on my homepage.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chicken salad looks so good. I am glad you are posting often. I told my hubby the other day that pushing the publish button is like being on crack:) LOL Thank you for Sharing at Freedom Fridays. I love reading what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love chicken salad! Yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!! I love chicken salad! Thanks for linking up and making me super hungry!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha, I know what you mean about the numbers.
    ♥ Terrie ♥

    ReplyDelete