Monday, July 2, 2012

My poor 13 year old Annabelle


Annabelle is our 13 year old chihuahua.  They say it's not unusual for chihuahuas to live 15 years or more, but that doesn't mean they don't get old.  This poor thing inSISTS on sleeping on the couch, but half the time she can't get up and now lately, it's hard for her to get down.  What does that mean?  It means that I am up and down many times during the day to pick her up to put her up, or to help her down.  I put her bed on the floor but she would much rather be on the couch.  So today I used leftover pallet wood to make a little platform for her bed.  She feels like she's "up", but is really only about 4" off the floor.  So far she's loving this.

First I used the blocks from inside the pallet:


I made to of these, then put cross "bars" to connect them.


Then I started adding slats to make the platform.







Annabelle LOVES the rustic look of her new bed.


I linked up to:




4 comments:

  1. Aw poor Annabelle - bless her she looks so sweet in her high bed. xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect little perch for your darling Annabelle!
    Happy 4th, Carolyn,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. She must feel like a princess now.

    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a GREAT idea! My poodle loves to be up high too. I suppose if I was little like that I would too, lol! BTW, loved the shirtdress above with the buttons that you'll be wearing when it cools off. It's adorable.

      Actually, I've loved everything you've made over so far, but I miss your high school pony tail that you wore on 50's day.....lol!

      Delete