Friday, July 27, 2012

Baby Max's Football Blanket

I've been off line for a couple weeks, due to pure laziness and just a touch of depression.  My very dear friend Sheri has been very sick with cancer since March and passed away on Tuesday.  I'm comforted in the fact that she's no longer suffering and I'll always cherish the memories we made together.

One of my best friends, who I went to high school with, her daughter is expecting her first baby.  Jaymi is a huge college football fan, specifically the Cal Bears.  I hunted high and low for Cal Bears fabric but couldn't find any, until after I already made this one.  I found this great football print fabric in Cal Bears colors though, so can I get props for that? 


It's okay to blog about it now since she received it in the mail today.  It was my first blanket and the first time I've done seam binding.  I thought it would be easy but not so much.  If you don't use a magnifying glass, it's pretty nice.


What do you think?  Will baby Max like it?


I'm partying here:
Too Much Time On My Hands

Freedom Fridays




Blissful and Domestic

Weekend Bloggy Reading
Photobucket
OneCreativeMommy.com
Positively Splendid

9 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job! hope you feel better~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I made ties out of that fabric for my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket looks great. I'm sorry about your friend's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blanket has received the Official *Gonka* Stamp of Approval. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sad your friend had to be so ill and pass on at a young age. I'm glad, with you, that her suffering is done. Congrats on the blanket; I've been afraid to try one.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your friend, your blanket turned out really nice. I am your newest follower from the mingle with us blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. momwenzel@facebook.comJuly 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM

    LOVE the blanket, Carolyn. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job for a future football fan! I’m so glad you linked this up at One Creative Weekend! I love it! I hope to see you back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete