Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ad Sense and a refashion

Since I'm so new to blogging I don't really understand all the ins and outs of it but I saw something called "Ad Sense" and signed up.  Now I have ads on my blog!  It asked for my address to send me my "checks."  Seriously?  Am I going to make money at this?  How fun!  Extra money's always nice for a disabled person.

Also, I did another refashion.  This one I'm not too sure about.  It's kind of a shirt dress or jacket dress?  Since I live in Phoenix and it's 115 degrees I'm sure I won't wear it until November when it cools down a bit.  Also not sure about the fit of it.  But it was an easy project on this $1 Goodwill find.




I tucked the sleeves in, right sides together, and sewed around the the seam about 1 1/2 inches, to bring up the shoulder seam and shorten the sleeves.  This was a size 11 dress and I am very small, so that didn't work.  I had to do it a couple times to get the fit right.  Then I trimmed the excess fabric.




Kinda cute, don't ya think?!

Oh, and happy Independence Day!!!

Beyond The Picket Fence

button















Photobucketshabby creek cottageborder="0" src="http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc100/saranatezoey/Embracing%20Change/linkpartybutton.png" />

The ArtsyGirl Connection










9 comments:

  1. This is my fav of all you have done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and to answer your Adsense question - the answer is yes! My first check was last month for $106 but a lot of it comes from my Youtube videos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! Such a cute dress. Love it. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Serenity Now...love how you fixed up the suit, it looks good! I'm still learning my way with adsense too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job. I love your dress. I am new to blogging and have adsense. I haven't received a check yet, but I am on my way. It is fun to get to do something I like and get paid.

    I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/3-face-masks-from-your-kitchen-and.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking cute there lady! I love what you. Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rally like what you have done here...very chic! I just discovered your blog and I will come back for more. Please stop by and visit me!!
    Pam
    www.over50feeling40.com

    ReplyDelete