Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome lizard!


I have completely neglected my front porch area since I moved here a year and a half ago.  I mean, I have a bench and a little table and a chair, but nothing welcoming.  No plants.  I have a planter with dirt and a dead plant, but nothing green.  I'll work on fixing that.  I actually planted some ground cover a couple weeks ago along patch between the house and the sidewalk up to my porch, and have watered it faithfully, but it is refusing to root and grow.  So, today I threw some pallet remnants together and made a little sign.  I have to tell you, this is the most artistic thing I've ever done.  I have NO artistic talent whatsoever so I'm pretty proud of this.  I mean it's nothing like this or this


but it's something, right?  I think it's cute and whimsical and friendly and welcoming.


See?  I do need to add other things but for now I'm happy with this.


Although, this is not something I bargained for.  I went out to hang my cute little welcome sign and this is what my tamed feral cat (Big Orange Kitty) brought me.  I've been feeding him since I moved here, and it took a year to tame him, but tame him I did and he shows his love for me every day by rubbing up against my legs, coming running any time I walk outside, and now.....bringing me gifts.  This is the first time but he is so proud of his catch!


Here's an up close shot of "it" just in case you wanted to see it.  It looks alive, but I'm assuming it's not since it doesn't move.  Should I name it?  Should I leave it for Big Orange Kitty (BOK)?  Or should I throw it away?  Poor thing met a terrible fate.









It's Overflowing
Beyond The Picket Fence
giveaways
Liz Marie Blog
Freedom 
Fridays
A Little Knick Knack
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Photobucket
Photobucket
Weekend Bloggy Reading



























4 comments:

  1. Hehehe - looks like the lizard took your sign to heart. Or the kitty dragged him in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sign is pretty impressive. It is much better than what I could do...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little sign:) And your proved it true since you welcomed this kitty. Yes, I believe they kitty is thanking you for your hospitality by sharing with you. Thank you for sharing this cute story (and the cute sign) at Freedom Fridays. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete