Sunday, June 10, 2012

Refashion Redo!

Okay, so I bought this dress at Goodwill for $1.  It already fit, the only thing I needed to do was hem it.  It was more like a tea length which is not my style at all.  So all I had to do was cut off the bottom and hem it, right?  Wrong.  I miscalculated, (just have been that 9th grade Algebra I stopped at) and cut off too much.  It was just a tad bit short.  I knew I had to do something to make it a little more presentable.  I decided I would add something to the bottom, but what?  I happened to be at the Dollar Tree, and found a $1 hot pink scarf.  Ding, ding, ding!  I could cut that up and add it to the bottom!  So that's exactly what I did.  And I had enough left over to make a little neck scarf.  What do you think?

Probably still too short, but what the heck.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is why I hate hemming, because I always cut too much or too little and then things are not even, but look how you turned your math trouble into something better than it would have been if you hadn't miscalculated. You are a genius. This looks so pretty! You are a fashionista. Bravo!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete