Thursday, June 14, 2012

The "Real" Me



I live in sunny Arizona and I like to take advantage of our beautiful weather as often as possible.  For one third of the year it's too hot to sit outside, and one third of the year it's too cold to sit outside, and one third of the year it's juuuuust right.  (Picture Goldilocks in Baby Bear's bed).  Right now, at this time of year, it's pretty hot but mornings are very nice.  So I take my computer outside with my coffee and watch the news and catch up on email, Facebook and blogs.  Since I'm from Seattle, I like to rub my Seattle friends noses in the fact that it's so gorgeous here.  So yesterday I posted this picture on Facebook, taken at 6:28 a.m.  Today I had a friend message me and tell me I need to pull that picture because it makes me look so old.  I said I AM old.  And he commented on how unattractive this picture is and I'm not going to "find anyone" with pictures like this floating around.  Really?  I couldn't care less.  This is real.  This is me at 6:28 in the morning.  There was a time in my life when I would NEVER let someone see me without my makeup or without my hair done.  Now?  This is me.  The real me.  And for the record:  I'm not looking for someone.  If someone happens to come along, great.  But if not, that's okay too.  In the mean time:  Take me as I am or leave me, looking old, in my jammies, without make up or hair, having coffee outside in sunny Arizona.

8 comments:

  1. I have to say your friend's comment has really made me mad. If he is reading this, he should be ASHAMED for saying something so rude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Carolyn! You are my hero. xo Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god. I LOVED that picture when you posted it on FB yesterday ... it was so sweet and so real. You are a ROCK STAR, Carolyn Dopps Dodd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really crappy thing for your friend to say. I would not be hard pressed to call someone like that a friend. You are beautiful, make up or not. You are even more beautiful from the inside out...because you care about people, you are kind and compassionate, and you love with your whole heart. That is what makes you you...not some makeup or a hair brush! Love you Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too baby girl.

      Delete
    2. Well, I loved the picture on fb and was totally JEALOUS of your weather, lol! I think I love the whole sweet simplicity of it.

      The weather's gorgeous and you're in your jammies playing on the computer and your kitty is eating breakfast.

      And goodness, you should see some of the pictures I've posted on facebook. Actually you HAVE, lol! love ya!

      Delete
  5. Good for you! Why can't we be our real selves and that be ok! Mostly people are laughing at me for posting my toothless pics on my blog and FB. If someone really judges me and doesn't like me for it-then good for me cause I don't need them around anyway! I think your picture looks peaceful, serene, and lovely-I didn't think "old" at all!
    Keep it up girl!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And you look just as gorgeous without that front tooth as you did before.

      Delete