Monday, June 11, 2012

Polo shirt refashion


I don't really have a lot to blog about today so I'll just show you this skirt I  threw together this morning.  I made this from a $1 Goodwill polo shirt.  Just like the other one I cut the bottom off just under the sleeves.

Then I turned the waistband under and sewed around, making a casing for the elastic.

Then I fed the elastic through the waistband, and sewed the ends together.


And voila'!

Also, the top is a Liz Claiborn that I got at Goodwill for $1.  So, a $2 outfit!  I love being thrifty.

I took Kameron to the airport this morning to go to Seattle to visit his brother and Taylor.  He's been SO excited for this.  He hasn't seen Markus (brother) in about three years, and hasn't seen Taylor since 7th grade.  He'll have so much fun but it's very weird not having him here, knowing he's not coming home tonight!  But he'll be home Friday and things will be back to normal.  Have a great day!

Blissful and Domestic

Keeping It Simple



HOG

3 comments:

  1. That's really cute, I can sew simple things like scrunchies, I couldn't sew an outfit to save my life, but this is cute and I think I could do it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun idea!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete