Saturday, June 30, 2012

Men's Chambray Shirt to Sun Dress





This project started out as a men's size XL chambray shirt:


Nice huh?

I started out by cutting off the sleeves.


Then cut a new neckline and arm holes. 


Then I turned it inside out, buttoned it up, and determined where the side seams should be, and stitched them.  Then it was as easy and hemming the neckline and armholes, and putting it on.  Then I used the sleeves to make a sash!  I now have my version of a wear around the house sundress.



I linked up to these parties:


9 comments:

  1. This is just way tooooooooooo cute. Great idea. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is so very awesome! I'm pinning it and going to try to make friends with my sewing machine again! Cutest sun dress EVER! (And it looks darn good on you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's way to cute to just wear around the house!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!! You did a great job!

    New follower from the Sunday Blog Hop. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! You are very talented! Saw your pallet table. So cool. You have some really great projects on here.
    Found you on the Sunday blog hop. Now following. Hope you come visit me too :)

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Quite the transformation!! That's talent!! Thanks for stopping by the Fun Friday Blog Hop! I'm following you!!
    Barbara, Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple and chic! thanks for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea, Carolyn! I could use a new (and cool) house dress like this this summer. Since I'm a novice sewer, can I ask how you hemmed the arm holes?

    Thanks!
    Erin @ Carolina Country Living
    (visiting from The Ironstone Nest's Transformation Tuesday)

    ReplyDelete