Wednesday, June 27, 2012

DIY Pallet Hall Table


This was just too easy.  The hardest part was getting the pallet apart, a task I'm getting tired of doing.  The first thing you need to do is determine what size you want.  I made mine 42"x12", to fit right in my entry way.  I built a basic frame for the table:


I used wood glue AND a Kreg (type) jig for connecting the corners:


This is the board in the tool to drill the holes.  You don't have to do this, you can just screw them together but I have this and wanted to use it.


Then just attach your legs, braces, and top.  This was so easy.  Then I dry brushed it for a very rustic look.



Isn't it cute?!  I love it.  I'd like to find a way to hide the lamp cords but for now it's okay.

I was featured!


button

Photobucket
featured at 
freedom friday






I linked up to:
Photobucket


button
Visit thecsiproject.com
shabby creek cottage


Photobucket
Chic on a Shoestring Decoratinggiveaways
One Artsy Mamathe Grant Life
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Shabby Nest
A Little Knick Knack
http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/

Blissful and Domestic



Weekend Bloggy Reading

Lovely Crafty Home





Liz Marie Blog





PhotobucketDIY Show Off Project Parade







UndertheTableandDreaming
































































































































































































25 comments:

  1. What a clever creation! I have two pallets sitting in my side yard, but have been dreading getting out there to take them apart. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great ... love the planking on the top :)
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really great! Maybe you could just put a basket under it to hide the cords. Either way, it's really fun ... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cool project! It turned out great. Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Creative, that's a new one for pallet repurposing. Great job, it's super cute! thanks for the kind comment on my blue bench :) as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome! I have a pallet and still can't decide what to do with it! Maybe I'll make this! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute table, I love the rustic look of it!
    ~ Terrie (your new follower)
    HearthandWhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this table!!! What a cute chic and rustic look for your entry!! Found you at the link party at LittleKnickKnacks Blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great--love all things pallet!! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look! So much fun! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! So is the "Kreg" the little tool that drills the holes? I didn't understand what you meant by using the kreg for the corners.

      Delete
    2. Can you tape the cords behind the table, so that it doesn't hang across like that? Look at this tutorial on how to do it. http://knightmovesblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-to-hide-lamp-cords.html

      Delete
  11. put a drop cloth skirt on it (could be stapled on) and you would hide the cords and create hidden storage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent...you are so clever! I see free palettes lying around all the time. It helps to be handy...and you are, clearly, just that!
    Have a great weekend, Carolyn!
    Carolynn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. niiiiice........
    I bet it was hard to take that pallet apart, but LOOK at what you got....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice - it is cottage and yet rustic at the same time! I am sure you must be proud of your creation! Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea and looks lovely too! Found you at Sassy's Sites and I'm now a follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit. Blessings ~ Judy @ addicted2homedecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! We have new construction going on in our neighborhood and I keep eyeing the pallets that are laying around. I need to go get one one day!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hummm! Guess where else you were featured this week! Come on over to Freedom Fridays and find out:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful job! I had to pin this and become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is cute indeed, a very nice transformation, I loved it. The white goes perfect with the piece and makes it stand out. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's great - love it, and the dry brushed finish looks so good. It was definitely worth pulling those pallets apart, even though I know it's a real pain !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just showed this to my husband and told him we need this! Thanks for the tutorial! And from a pallet....amazing!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  22. You had me at the word pallet, lol! That is such a CUTE table! And, I just became your newest follower! Would be so appreciative of a follow back! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete