Wednesday, June 6, 2012

$2 Upcycled Throw Pillows

I'm in the process of remodeling my bedroom.  I have to finish painting the walls and figure out more styling for it.  I've always really liked that white on white look and that's what I went with.  I needed a couple throw pillows and have some definite ideas for what I like but it's GOT to be cheap.    Like even a $10 Target pillow is out of my budget, so I went on the hunt at my old standby, Goodwill.  This is what I found.

Aren't they pretty?  Ha!  No, I got them because they were $1 and $1.50 with the intentions of covering them.  I found these:




These are cloth napkins that were 49 cents each.  I thought until I find something I'm absolutely in love with, these will work fine.  All I did was put right sides together, sew three sides (like a pillowcase), turn right side out, insert the pillow, iron the seam allowance toward the inside and hand stitch them closed.  And here is a sneak peak at my bedroom remodel:



I can never decide if the shots with flash or without are better so I posted both.  I think they're kinda pretty in a girlie sorta way.  Don't you think?



it all started with paint

5 comments:

  1. You created such beautiful pillows. I love it. :)

    Jess
    http://thedelightfulcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog ! i love this idea. i don't sew. not one bit. but i might have to learn because $10 target pillows are out of my budget, too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the makeover ... and the price is right ... and thank you so much for sharing at Pillowpalooza and for sporting my button!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a girl after my own heart! I love taking something old and thrift and making something new and pretty! Your linen pillows are beautiful, clever and very classic!
    Thanks for sharing your new creations!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn
    Happy Pillowpalooza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, Carolyn!
    I just read your profile to find out you have Multiple Sclerosis. We really are girls of a feather...I, too, have MS.
    I just signed your "followers" and look forward to staying in touch.
    Blessings and stay cool in that hot Arizona climate.
    Carolynn
    Thanks to Linda and her Pillowpalooza...We have met!

    ReplyDelete