Friday, June 22, 2012

$1 Lamp Makeover



I picked up this lamp for $1 at Goodwill, and the shade for $4.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.  Kind of a terra cotta look.  So I spray painted it white.


I tried to paint the shade but that didn't work out.  I really wanted to use this shade because of the size and shape so I decided to recover the shade with rope.  I like the texture and natural element it adds.  My room is almost all white with accents of the aqua blue, so I used craft paint to paint the top and bottom trim.




This is where I ran out of rope and had to go buy more. 








The Dream pallet art is something I made here.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Where else can you get an entire lamp for $6?

I was featured at:
Serenity Now blog Photobucket
Photobucket





I linked up to:






It's Overflowing

Beyond The Picket Fence
Liz Marie Blog
Freedom 
Fridays


A Little Knick Knack

One Artsy Mama


Weekend Bloggy Reading
UndertheTableandDreaming

BWS tips button

button


DIY Show Off
homework


















































































































 

16 comments:

  1. This came out so great! It looks like something I'd spend a lot of money on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rope lampshade! Another great application of rope.
    Rachel @remasteredrelics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought the same thing when I saw your planters today!

      Delete
  3. Boy, I wish I lived closer to you, I would love to shop with you. You find the coolest items and then just transform them into the bestest! Thank you for sharing this super cute lamp at Freedom Fridays! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lamp is so darn pretty!!! You have beautiful taste! I am going to share this on my FB page :) I am your newest follower...I am happy I found you. I have a dear friend with MS and she is turning 50 this month. She is doing great. God bless you XO

    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carolyn - found you via Julie's FB page - we host Inspiration Cafe together on a monday. I love this idea and may be copying you in the not to distant future as I have a horrible black lamp that I want to do over. I'm a new follower too - cant wait to see what you come up with xx Nat
    http://northshoredays.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Julie too and I'm part of the Inspiration Cafe as well! I like the lampshade covered this way more than I think I would have liked it painted! Happy to be following you via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this lamp redo it turned out so great! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now on The Crafty Blog Stalker! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-stalking-thursday-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great re-do! I love the blue accents too! I'm your neighbor at Met Monday and I did a lamp too! Funny that we ended up next to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great transformation! No one would ever guess you picked it up at Goodwill. So glad you linked up at Etcetorize!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this lamp! You could sell this at a store for $50+! Thank you for sharing this at our Summer BBQ Bash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love it! So pretty! You turned something not so pretty into something really desirable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My gosh, it's so much better!! It turned out great! Thanks for sharing at Show & Share! Featuring this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much better! We can change the world with a glue gun (can't we)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute lamp! I may steal your idea for my new apartment!!

    http://munchtalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete