First I turned the sleeve inside out and tucked them into the sweater. I hope that makes sense. Then sewed around the entire arm hole to bring up the shoulder, and at the same time shortening the sleeve.
Then I zig zagged around the arm hole right next to the first stitch line. Once that was done, I trimmed off the excess.
Next I turned the sweater inside out and after determining how much I wanted to take in I sewed the side seam starting at the end of the sleeve and all the way to the hem of the sweater. And again I zig zagged and trimmed.
That's about it. "Sew" easy! Here is the before:
And then the after:
Let me know what you think!