Friday, June 1, 2012

$1 Goodwill sweater altered

I was informed that it's the day to wear a purple top and black sweater.  That's a long story, so just take my word for it.  I have this really cute black sweater but do you think I could find it anywhere.  I had bought this Large black sweater at dollar day at Goodwill, but had not gotten around to altering it to fit yours truly.  So I got out my sewing machine, (who am I kidding, my sewing machine's always out) and got to work. 

First I turned the sleeve inside out and tucked them into the sweater.  I hope that makes sense.  Then sewed around the entire arm hole to bring up the shoulder, and at the same time shortening the sleeve.

Then I zig zagged around the arm hole right next to the first stitch line.  Once that was done, I trimmed off the excess.

Next I turned the sweater inside out and after determining how much I wanted to take in I sewed the side seam starting at the end of the sleeve and all the way to the hem of the sweater.  And again I zig zagged and trimmed.


That's about it.  "Sew" easy!  Here is the before:


And then the after:

Let me know what you think!
Liz Marie Blog

pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. You are a genius behind the sewing machine! I am so impressed! Congrats on your weight loss and HUGE congrats on your bargain shopping and altering new wardrobe! Love it! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge difference! Taking that sweater in really makes it so much more shapely and adorable! I wish I was brave enough to tackle taking in sweaters and making flares into skinnies...it's much easier to refashion things into kids clothes for me :)
    Bonnie MS
    ridingthebonnieway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Тhеre іѕ certаіnly
    a great deal to find out аbout this topic.

    I really like all of the ρоintѕ уou hаve mаdе.


    Alsο visit my homepage Crear Facebook Gratis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Нi, I log on to your blogѕ on a regular basis.
    Youг humoristic stylе is ωitty, keeр it up!


    my web page - crear facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally
    educаtive аnd interеѕting, anԁ without a ԁoubt, you havе hit the nail on the hеad.
    Тhe problеm is sοmethіng thаt too few folκs are ѕpeakіng intelligently about.
    I am very hаppу I stumblеd аcross thiѕ іn my hunt for ѕοmething relating to
    this.

    my web page; abrir cuenta facebook

    ReplyDelete