Friday, May 25, 2012

Young Love

When my 19 year old son was in the 5th grade, he had a girlfriend named Taylor.  He liked her for 3 years, clear up until we moved away when he was in the 7th grade.  We now live in a small suburb of Phoenix, a city with about 35,000 people.  He was in touch with her about three years ago, just for a short period of time, when she told him she was pregnant and going to have a baby.  Then two days ago he came out of his room announcing that Taylor had friend requested him on Facebook and that she's moving to Arizona.  I asked him where and he said, "I don't care where!  It's Arizona!"  So he goes back to his room, and comes running back out and tells me she's moving to OUR TOWN!  No way!  Are you serious?!  Now, he is completely distracted and ready to sell everything he owns so he will be able to buy a car before she gets here in two months.  They are 19, she has a two year old daughter, and he's in love all over again, just like 5th grade.  I can't even tell you how worried/happy/excited/worried I am for him.  He has never stopped talking about Taylor, but did I mention she has a two year old daughter?  And they're 19?  Just hoping he doesn't get his heart broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment