Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Super Cute Skirt Refashion


Not much going on today.  Kameron left for work about a half hour ago and I'm just catching up on the blogs I follow.  I did one refashion, the I think it turned out super cute.  I bought a quite large (size 1X) lady's rayon blouse, with a geometric type, almost ethnic, pattern.  I got it at Goodwill for $1.  That's me, I'll only pay $1 for clothes.  :-)  Of course I forgot to take a before picture.  Darn it!  But here is a picture of the fabric: 


I cut the top off, just under the yolk, which left the bottom part, which was perfect for a skirt.  It was HUGE.  I made a casing at the top for elastic for the waistline, then threaded elastic through, and this is what I came out with:  No hemming because the the bottom of the blouse was already hemmed.  Isn't it cute?



It's bouncy and flared.  I feel like I should be going dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment