Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day DIY gift

Mother's Day is next week.  We usually only do dinner or something small but this year I was inspired to make something for my mom.  Any time we have a family dinner, she brings something, always in a card board box where her food contents have spilled over, and she always leaves her oven mitts here.  I wash them, and eventually return them. 

Mom goes to a LOT of pot lucks with her various bridge groups so I thought, what can I do to make this easier on her AND surprise her?  I poured through Pinterest to find the perfect gift.  I found it.  I didn't follow her tutorial, I wish I had, because hers looks SO much better than mine.  But, for a first try, I'm pretty darned proud of myself. 


As you can see her blog AND her casserole tray look WAY better than mine, but still.


Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Update:  I added some stenciling to give it a little "pretty".

 

1 comment:

  1. This is cute and the stenciling reminds me of my Mom's old Pyrex dishes. They had a similar design on the sides. You are so creative!! And I love your clothing refashions! You are such a talented lady!! Blessings ~~Annabell :)

    ReplyDelete