Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Home Depot

Today was K's day off so I was able to use my own car!  I went to Home Depot and bought enough cull lumber, at 51 cents each, to build my kitchen island.  I know, I know, you're probably thinking, when do you get to see one of these projects I keep talking about?  I have about ten going on at once, and none of them are getting completed.  I did get the bed taken apart so I can start priming it tomorrow.  I spray painted the pulls for the dresser drawers and nightstand just a few minutes ago.  I also am going to build cat shelves.  What is a cat shelf?  Well, those are shelves that will go up the wall like a staircase so the kitties can sit at the top above everything, which is a cat's favorite place to be.  I may or may not work on those tomorrow.  We'll see.  I really do want to start on the island though.  I found a butcher block top at Ikea for only $39, which I will go get on payday, two weeks from now.  I also need to get the cement and grout for the breakfast bar at that time.  In the mean time I'll just keep plugging away with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment