Monday, April 23, 2012

Sobriety

I completely and absolutely overdid it yesterday, and today is the first day of my sobriety.  Hopefully a year from now I'll be celebrating one year.  Announcing it makes me accountable I feel.  Even though no one reads my "blog", I still feel that putting it out there makes a difference.  So my Facebook status reads, "I am announcing that today is the first day of my sobriety."  From the comments I think most people thought I was kidding, but from the "likes" I know most people are supportive and for that I am greatful.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you were serious the instant I saw your status, but that's only because I've been there. People don't always know how to react to a huge declamatory announcement like that. They'll figure out that you're serious as you move further through the process. As I've already told you, David and I are here to love and support you in any way we can.

    ReplyDelete