Thursday, April 19, 2012

Robot coaster

I have a very dear friend who collects, of all things, robots. I had an idea for a craft, to make a set of robot coasters. I know she will be absolutely thrilled.

Supplies needed:

4 4"x4" tiles
Whatever you're using as a design for the coaster
Spray adhesive
Spray clear coat
Something for the bottom side so they don't scratch the table surface

Apply your decoration (in my case pictures of robots) to the tiles with the spray adhesive and let dry.
Apply several coats of clear spray such as verathane.
Then apply the backing.

I cannot wait to see her reaction when she gets these in the mail.



1 comment:

  1. Your "dear friend" LOVES and ADORES her new robot coasters (and is using one to hold her bottle of 7-Up, even as we speak)!! I left two at the office and brought two of them home, so I've always got one right next to any computer I might be using. Thank you SO much!! xox

    ReplyDelete