Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Death and a bench

A friend/co-worker passed away this morning.  I knew it was coming and wondered how hard it would be.  Knowing he's not around anymore is heart breaking.  He has been fighting leukemia the past couple years and it finally got the best of him.  Greg, you will be missed horribly and it was a privilege knowing you the past 25 years.

One thing I've known about me for most of my life is that when I get depressed, I spend money.  Doesn't matter that I don't have the money to spend, but I find a way.  I ran across a Pinterest easy DIY bench, so rushed right out to buy the materials.  John, "the man" at Home Depot, was so helpful, and I will be back to have him cut the wood for my next project as well.

Here is the tutorial I found on Pinterest.  http://221vision.com/2010/10/21/diy-ballard-designs-bench/#comment-43356  She made a beautiful bench.  I was only able to get part of my things today because there is no fabric store anywhere close by, so I will make the "bones" of it today and finish it soon.  You'll be the first to see the pics when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment